Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Getting Back Into the Groove

Some of you may know that when I quit my job this past summer and packed up to move across the country to be with my partner, I fully intended to NOT get another job. I wanted to remain unemployed, occupying myself as a homemaker in taking care of my partner and our home. This had been a dream of mine for a long time, which I was thrilled to my toes to pursue. 

Unfortunately, dreams are not always attainable. Under the constraints of a tight budget and the stress of financial pressure inherent in living as a single income family, however, was trying for both of us, so here we are. I am now getting back into harness and seeking employment as a writer/editor... and dog walker. (Don't judge me, 'kay? I love them doggos.) 

I won't say it's easy. I won't say it's not disappointing. But here's the thing - it's not a Bad Thing. I am not angry or upset or righteously enraged about the call for extra income for comfort's sake. I might even go so far as to say that I'm glad for the motivation to write again. I have been struggling with writer's block for a few months now, and the ability/desire to write 1-2 articles in a day is refreshing. 

So... here I am. I'm writing again. I'm excited to be back in the game. And my partner is encouraging me (openly and vigorously) to prep for NaNoWriMo, which starts in 5 days. 

Wish me luck. I'm happy to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Are Phone Calls So Hard?

I hate phone calls. I can sometimes get so used to them (when I have a job that makes me do them repeatedly) that I feel relatively neutral ...