Thursday, November 2, 2023

Chili Weather (haha)

The temperature of the world outside has suddenly taken a nose-dive into proper fall weather at last. The leaves are changing color, the wind is brisk, and it's time to break out the slow cooker and start making deliciousness. Today, I'm going to be sharing a recipe that I tweaked recently to better suit what ingredients I had on hand. I'm going to continue playing with this one, but I thought it turned out surprisingly well the first time, so I might as well write down this first iteration and share it with all of you who want to make some for yourself. 

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 qt chicken broth
  • 1 can stewed diced tomato
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 4 cans beans, drained (I used black and navy beans)
  • 2 green bell peppers, chopped
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • cumin, chili powder, oregano to taste (I added ~2 tbs each) 
Add all ingredients to your crockpot and set to high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8. For extra flavor, add celery (2-3 stalks, chopped fine) and 1 tbs of minced garlic. 

I did not add any salt or pepper to this batch because I didn't have any on hand, but the way it turned out I didn't need any! If you decide to make this chili for yourself, please let me know how it turns out and what changes of your own that you made. I'd love to see what you do with it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Are Phone Calls So Hard?

I hate phone calls. I can sometimes get so used to them (when I have a job that makes me do them repeatedly) that I feel relatively neutral ...